Monday, November 28, 2011

Secrets #3

Feelings make me very uncomfortable. Well, mostly it's just negative feelings. When people cry around me, I feel extremely awkward and am not sure what to do. I'm terrible at comforting people. Well I think I am anyway. Some people say I'm good at making them feel better. Once, my sibling was talking to me and just randomly burst out into tears. I realize that I should have comforted them, but I kind of felt really awkward, maintained my distance, and prayed for something or someone to interrupt the situation so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.
The other main emotion that I find that I'm bad at dealing with is anger. Not mine, I know how to deal with mine. When other people are mad, I become very timid and subservient. Oh, unless they're mad at me. If they're mad at me, I reflect what they do. If they freak out and yell at me, I will yell back. If they calmly talk, I talk. If they act aggressive, I may hit. However, if they lecture me and their anger is mixed with disappointment in me or something, I become a wall. I hear nothing, see nothing, and react to nothing. I wipe my face clear of all emotion or anything and wait until I'm alone. Then I reflect on what I've done and beat myself up. Other people can't lecture me correctly. I shut them out. Only I can lecture myself on what I did wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment